Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Best Apps and Websites for Motivation, Inspiration, and Self-Help

Hi, my friends! Today I'm back again, this time with a couple specific sites and apps that I use to help me stay motivated, inspired, or productive. For me, productivity has been a real challenge (maybe I'll talk a little bit about that in a different post sometime!), but I've found that a combination of things have really helped me on the way to improvement, including quite a lot of websites and apps! Here are the ones that I've found most helpful. They're in no particular order. :)

1. Vent

Vent is a social network app that's basically made for VENTing about things that are upsetting or frustrating you. I've been using this app for a couple months, and found it extremely helpful for when I'm upset but feel like there's no one I can turn to at the time. The community there is very supportive, and it's easy to reach out to people about their problems or yours. The pretty aesthetic doesn't hurt, either!





2. Studyblr Tumblr

For those of you who don't know, there is a sizeable community on Tumblr made up of studyblrs, which are blogs dedicated to learning and studying. People who run studyblrs post pretty pictures of office supplies and notes, helpful masterposts, and generally support each other in the quest to be productive academically. Studyblrs are actually what initially inspired me to start being more productive--their pretty pictures make me want to work harder! I started my own studyblr myself a month or so ago: it's princessclassics, if you're interested in giving me a follow!

3. Stop, Breathe & Think

Stop, Breath & Think is an amazing meditation app that I just got recently. I've been interested in meditation for a long time; as someone with anxiety, I thought it might help me to ground when I'm stressed. With the help of Stop, Breath & Think, I've gotten started. SBT is highly comprehensive, with many guided meditations that you can access for free, all tailored towards your needs (I know there are extra meditation packs for paying customers too). They also have a self-meditation timer, so you can track un-guided meditation. SBT tracks your progress, awarding you with stickers and encouraging you to create a streak of meditating daily. It also keeps track of your total time using the app for meditation, which I find highly motivating. Meditation can be helpful for anyone--it helps you collect your thoughts and calm yourself down.



4. Habitica
Habitica is an app that is self-described as "Your Life the Role Playing Game". Basically, Habitica uses the style of an RPG to get you enthused about starting and ending good and bad habits. As you level up, you can accessorize, add people to a party, and do many other traditionally RPG activities. You level up by completing habits and gaining mana! I find myself looking forward to completing tasks, so that I can level up. 

5. Lifestyle Youtube

In my quest to be motivated and productive, I've found myself drawn more and more into Youtubers--not only is the site a place where I can relax and watch funny things, but I can also watch videos that motivate and inspire me to do good things. I also keep a running bookmarks page of videos about being happy or that make me happy. A couple of my favorite Youtubers that inspire me are Aspyn Ovard, Anna Akana, Jenn Im, and Bethany Mota!

Well, there you have it! There are my top five apps and websites for motivation, inspiration, and self-help. If you try any of them out, or use any of them already, feel free to leave a comment telling me which ones you like best! Feel free to share this post with anyone you think might find it helpful!

Thanks guys!
Kekai

Total Word Count: 14,036


No comments:

Post a Comment