Sunday, October 30, 2016

NaNo is a GO

So,  after much deliberation, I've decided to do NaNoWriMo this year. Life is a mess and I'm constantly stressed,  but I've realized something. Doing things I love (like writing) helps my depression. So I should be doing those things--and writing 1,667 words per day sounds like a pretty good way to keep me happy, creative, and getting things done.
Writing-wise, here's where I'm at. Sorcara's second draft is done and currently being read for critique (I wanted to start editing it in early October, but obviously that didn't happen). I've written about 1,500 words of my new WIP, Girls and Galaxies. The next logical step is to use Girls and Galaxies for NaNo, yes? Yes!
I have no idea how I'm going to pull it off. Then again, I guess that's always been part of the fun of NaNoWriMo! It's risky, it's busy, and it's so SO exciting!
Here's a synopsis of Girls and Galaxies, for anyone interested:
Kalani Paoa's grandmother was the one who first made extraterrestrial contact, after a school dance in Kalapana, Hawaii. Now Kalani, graduating high school, has to rethink her life goals when she's placed on a commercial space cruise liner instead of an exploratory vessel for her internship position. On the ship she finds worlds she could never imagine, friends she never would have befriended, and an intergalactic love with a certified space alien princess.
Sound exciting? I hope so, because I'm really thrilled about this story! I know it's going to be a wild ride that I'll really enjoy taking!
If anyone wants to add me as a writing buddy, click here. I'm happy to chat about our novels and cheer each other on! Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment