Friday, March 11, 2016

Website Review: Young Writer's Society

Hi everyone! This week I'll be talking to you all about a site that I used to use for writing: Young Writer's Society. It's what you might expect: young authors use it to share their writing and get good feedback. Today I'll be going over what I liked, and what I didn't like about this platform!

Part 1: The Bad

On the whole, there isn't much to complain about when it comes to YWS. One thing I would say, however, is that there are definitely ways that the interface could become more streamlined as a whole. My favorite sites operate easily and efficiently, and there were times that YWS didn't do this. I know there's a huge privacy aspect, which I like, but the permanence of things like usernames didn't sit very well with me. I like to make my profiles more customized and personal to me. However, this could definitely be a personal preference.

Part 2: The Good

There's a lot of great things I could say about YWS. I actually consider it one of the best writing communities I've ever been involved with. First and foremost, it is SO EASY to get feedback on your work. People have to write a certain amount in each review, and it's in your best interest to review other work. There are periodic review-writing competitions where people are put on teams to see who can review the most work. It makes reading other people's work fun, and your work gets plenty of reviews in the process. YWS also has a great forum system ran by a lot of different people, where you can talk about basically anything under the sun. It's very easy to make friends on YWS. People there are kind and really honest, they want to give you the best feedback they can.

Overall I'd say this is a great website if you're looking for more feedback as a young author. Try it out!

Kekai 


No comments:

Post a Comment